Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Stay Classy, San Diego: Nerdcon 2008


Just got back (a few days ago) from the San Diego Comicon. What a spectacle of nerdity. If you've never been there, let me explain it to you: it's the size of half a dozen Costco's filled with booths ranging from those that sell comics with paid bimbos dressed as Princess Leia in slave outfit to attract the attention of adolescent boys, to those that are promoting a new movie/video game/TV show with paid bimbos dressed as sexy zombies to attract the attention of adolescent boys. So all in all it's like Jesus' second coming if you believe in that sort of thing.

Also there was a lot of time spent with my friend who's trying to get money for his startup (http://www.reble.fm/), so I had a lot of rich old men buying me dinner. And not in exchange for sexual favors this time, which is a part of my life I'd really rather put behind me.

And lastly, swimming in the pitch-black ocean when you have had a few too many drinks is incredibly fun, but also probably incredibly dangerous and ill-advised. Whatever, we all dodged the bullet this time. Until next time, my faithful reader, vaya con dios.

No comments: