Wednesday, August 6, 2008

On to Matters of Greater Weight...

Now that I have a job, I can turn my mind to matters other than bitching about the bad economy. I think I'll use my time here to ruminate on the gift of sleep.

Sleep, of course, was invented by the Almighty in His infinite wisdom. He invented it mainly to make use of all of the beds that He had willed into being after his great creative fit that occurred around 11 hours after the beginning of time. He thought that humanity might appreciate a time in which we were allowed to become unconscious and drool on ourselves, and occasionally get up and walk around and do silly things and then forget all about them afterwards.

But today, as I sit here, I find myself deprived of sleep. I woke up at 5AM this morning for my new (wonderful, marvelous) job. And I find myself cursing God for inventing sleep, though this is a very stupid thing to do, for we all know that God carries a loaded gun. So, in the interest of not upsetting the Almighty, I will now try to recoup and try to quiet my heretical thoughts.

No comments: